Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Dog Days of Summer

I know, I know.  Zynga wanted to call it the 'Seven Days of Summer Event', but you know I tend to think of an 'event' as something noteworthy.  The only thing noteworthy of this 'event' was that it's obvious that most of the FarmVille folks went on Summer Vacation this week.
This week, Zynga 'brought back' several themes: French, Japanese, Tuscan, Island, Adobe, and UFO.  The only one which could even be considered 'nostalgic' was tonight's UFO theme, possibly the most-anticipated and yet most disappointing of the lot.

Aside from the UFO theme, how are we supposed to be nostalgic about a concept like 'a little while ago'?  I know some people who still physically shudder if they hear the word 'Tuscan', so that's still pretty fresh.  They've also filled their "Mystery Dart Game" with 'retro' items (i.e. old crap) which folks may have purchased if they were offered outright...but for a 25% increase in price, nobody's going to take a chance on getting a Jackrabbit when what they wanted was a White Stallion.

Most disappointing of the lot was the UFO theme, launched tonight.  SIX items.  Yes, just six, and ALL of them Farm Cash items...with two of them reflecting price increases since they were originally released.  The Mystery Dart game?  Refilled with items that I'd have purchased if they were offered outright....but again for the price I wasn't going to take a chance on getting stuck with yet another Stallion.

Here's to hoping that next week's offerings will be better.  I can promise you ONE new and exciting thing for next week: The blog I was writing two weeks ago when I had my heart attack.  Should be fun!

Happy Farming...even if Zynga is MIA.

Farmer Brown

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. Offering items that were not that old and then increasing prices or offering them now for FV Cash instead of coin (which is how they were originally offered) is a bit greedy on the part of Zynga. I did look forward to the Alien releases the most and yes I did enjoy getting the Green Horse and Green Cow; however, I was disappointed with the lack luster presentation of any items really worth talking about. I am certainly not going to invest in a UFO that requires me to use FV Cash to seed! Haven't we been down that road before with the Bi-Plane? I guess Zynga doesn't listen. As I am a fairly new player, it would have really been nice to have the opportunity to get some items from way back in the beginning. Just saying - it's probably falling on deaf ears (Zynga's ears I mean). Here's to hoping next week will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were writing it when you had WHAT?
    Are you alright? Holy heck John...... Screw farmville...... We need YOU alive, well and smiling!

    ReplyDelete

Web Analytics